Important

This blog setup is not official with Square Enix or in any way connected. This project is about how Final Fantasy X-3 can be from my (Lee A. Funnell) perspective. The plot and ideas are mine. Anything that this project contains is not aimed to offend or insult non fictional related. This is a fictional story but an apology in advance anyway. This is just my explanation for my project at hand and for those who wish to learn more.

Friday 1 April 2011

"Lenne's and Shuyin's Story" April 2011 update

In the words of Shuyin adressing Lenne upon the Prominence, Mt. Gagazet: "How the holy shoopuf did it come to this?". Sorry for the odd opening but this question certainly says a lot about the development of "Lenne's and Shuyin's Story". "Lenne's and Shuyin's Story" has had some evolution over the course of March (2011). An example of this is the expansion upon the Ronso Elder and gathered Ronso confronting Lenne and Shuyin. Previously there is no confrontation with Bevelle's relentless machina but after the month of March, there is. Continuing from where the story was left on the end of January, both Lenne and Shuyin continue among their divided paths. Lenne among the summoners and soldiers of Zanarkand beside her face the seemingly endless machina from Bevelle on the frontlines. Shuyin on the other hand is having trouble trying to flee from the Bevelle Underground. From theses events and up to Lenne and Shuyin making it to the Prominence, Mt. Gagazet (which is where I left the story to be continued in May (2011)) I have greatly expanded the story telling between the two (2) points. Now, the Fayth of Bahamut and Lord Zaon play roles earlier in the story then previously written. I have also expanded on the implications of Stamina depletion, the injuries Lenne and Shuyin encounter and phenomenons of the Thunder Plains and the changing environment (i.e. nightfall). For me, getting to Lenne's and Shuyin's reunion on the frontlines was the goal for the development of "Lenne's and Shuyin's Story" in March and I am happy that I have reached that point and expanded futher. Although I wanted to implement another development (the secrets lying under the Yevon Estate) in March, March ran out and so I'll implement the development in May (2011) instead. Fine by me, at this rate "Lenne's and Shuyin's Story" will reach 300 pages and futher. Isn't a bit much? Perhaps, but then this is a fictional concept like the other concepts found on the internet (unless Square Enix implement use of my concept...) With March gone and April upon us (I know its April Fools day but it changes nothing), development shifts back to "The Final Chapters" and there's a lot to be done. One thing that I haven't been able to get out of my head is a couple of scenes in Bevelle that happen prior to "The Final Chapters" involving Yuna and Tidus. The events lead up to the conclusion in Luca of Chapter one (1) where Yuna and Tidus talk about their future. I won't disclose any more information not while the events are still in my head and not on a Word document. If I were to imply that Yuna and Tidus are being themselves and alone to themselves to boot then you can imagine it yourselves. Its wrong in many ways but then gaming is as much a form of media to educate people then to amuse players these days. For me its impossible to argue that gaming has a reached a state of revolution in terms of story telling, forms of interaction and graphics which are used to educate and help people understand the ways of the real world through a media that is growing and is accepted around the world. Topics about sex, violence, history, ethnics and cultures (and so on) are now becoming more evident in gaming and with the influance gaming has on the education and employment of people, it is more and more important that the world embraces gaming and not criticise the use of real world situations such as the war against the Taliban (as evidenced in the development of the 2010 Medal of Honor). I can go on and on but this is not the post of blog. All I can say is that if topics and issues covered in games and the contents of my concept of FFX-3 such as sex are offensive, controversal and to be put down by others (like the "skimpy" appearance of Yuna in Final Fantasy X-2 being met with controversy) then I apoligise for being human. "Whoa!" If that is adressed to the public, its going to attract some mixed attention. I'll focus on the development of "The Final Chapters" and be back in May. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment