Important

This blog setup is not official with Square Enix or in any way connected. This project is about how Final Fantasy X-3 can be from my (Lee A. Funnell) perspective. The plot and ideas are mine. Anything that this project contains is not aimed to offend or insult non fictional related. This is a fictional story but an apology in advance anyway. This is just my explanation for my project at hand and for those who wish to learn more.

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Compilation of Final Fantasy X?

Is it possible you think? After all there would be three (3) games in the series of Final Fantasy X if X-3 were to become a reality. Its only come to my attention when I see the various titles spawned from Final Fantasy VII (7) and the series of titles that will come under Final Fantasy XIII (13) known as Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII.

I'm not trying to oversell Final Fantasy X and X-2 but lets face it, these two Final Fantasy titles are among the more popular Final Fantasy titles like FFVII. And its not like Square Enix didn't make good use of its popularity, Final Fantasy X-2 is the first ever direct sequel and even that spawned an extensive variation known as Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission (although be it, it was only released in Japan. Oh poopie!).

Now I'm not going to say that if my concept of X-3 is realised then Square Enix will turn it into its own series where there are more sequels, prequels, remakes, collecter's items etc. Square Enix doesn't require me to promote my ideas for X-3 in order to rejuvenate and create a compilation of Final Fantasy X, Square Enix decide if they choose to take that COA (Course of Action).

But supposing if FFX-3 did become reality (as a game, not a movie (bad idea in my opinion), what could it mean? As mentioned above there could be sequels, prequels and remakes etc. DLC (downloadable content) can become a factor. Spin-off titles that follow different characters like Rikku might come a possibility. Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission could even be ported over and then adapted so it is available with English vocals and subtitles.

All of which I'm somewhat against actually because I wouldn't like to see the main plot of FFX and FFX-2, Yuna and Tidus exploited further and drive the series to the point where it loses sight of its orginal intention, plot and everyone becomes annoyed with it. The key reason why I want FFX-3, my FFX-3 to become reality is so that fans aren't scratching their heads on what happens to Yuna and Tidus after Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission because that is not explained in the end of Last Mission. I wish to continue from where Last Mission finished off and then wrap up the story of Yuna and Tidus in a satisfactory or unsatisfactory (depending upon which epilogue obtained) whilst providing a story that will live in fans hearts and gameplay that will be bringing fans and gamers back for more.

Then... the series can deviate from the main story and focus on the lives of Yuna's and Tidus' companions. There are those who believed Final Fantasy X-2 would be about Rikku so why not create a story that revolves around Rikku once the main story is complete? I don't go along with the idea for various and some personal reasons but even I can't ignore the potential there is to be made and let my mind roam free with possibilities. "Hmm... Lenne and Yuna sitting by a fire in their bra and panties..." No wait did I just say that?! That was meant to stay in my thoughts! Oh dear...now i've given gamers and fans a wet dream.

Anyway, should Square Enix decide to take this COA, there needs to be an alternitive title for these potential titles. Not FFX-4, or FFX-5 because these titles may not be part of the main plot with Yuna and Tidus. Perhaps "Dopo Final Fantasy X". "Dopo" is the Italian for "after". Or "Durante Calma Eterna Final Fantasy X", "Durante Calma Eterna" is Italian for "During Eternal Calm". Why Italian you may ask? I have Lenne (more often) and Yuna use Italian musical terms reflecting their situation instead of normal terms because it reflects music of which a Songstress uses.

What do you think? About the contents of this post, anything I've said or feedback about my concept of Final Fantasy X-3 are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment